Certified Aromatherapist Level 1
— or $190.00 / month for 2 months
This is an entry-level aromatherapy certification in USA, no previous experience is required. applies to anyone who is interested in the therapeutic uses of aromatherapy, as well as existing health professionals such as Massage Therapists, Estheticians, Herbalists, Nurses, and Physicians.
The course covers a variety of subjects including essential oil usage, chemistry, the science of aromatherapy, anatomy, physiology, twenty essential oils data and application, four body systems, in addition to Anatomy & Physiology 1.
- Introduction to the history of aromatherapy & ancient Egyptian aromatic history
- Profiles of 20 essential oils
- Production and methods of extraction (distillation, cold pressing/expression, enfleurage, absolute, CO2 extraction)
- Basic physiological effects of essential oils: methods of absorption, an overview of olfaction and the limbic system, the skin, the respiratory system, and the immune system
- How essential oils interact on physical and emotional levels
- Essential oil chemistry
- How to create/design an effective blend
- Diluents such as vegetable oils and other carrier bases
- Methods of application (inhalation, diffusion, topical, optional: internal)
- Safety issues (including dermal, respiratory, internal) and contraindications
- Anatomy & Physiology 1: The Integumentary System; Skeleton, Joints & The Skeletal System; Muscle, Muscle Tissue & The Muscular System; Nervous Tissue & The Central Nervous System, The Peripheral Nervous System, The Autonomic Nervous System; The Endocrine System; Cellular Structure
- The basics of business development
- Legal, ethical, privacy issues include a copy of the NAHA Code of Ethics
Course Overview – Class Supplies list – Required assignments -Research paper guidelines -Coaching sessions -Case Studies -Aromatherapy Consultation forms
History of Aromatherapy – What is Aromatherapy
Botany & Aromatherapy – Aromatic Families -The Role of Botany in Aromatherapy -Plant Structure and the oil cell- Common & Botanical Names – Extraction Methods
Storage and safety – Topical use precautions- What is Sensitization – Equipment used in Aromatherapy
Essential oils Datasheets for 20 Essential oils, therapeutics, methods of application and safety, Sweet Basil-Clary Sage-Cypress-Eucalyptus Frankincense -Pink Grapefruit-Geranium- Helichrysum- Jasmine -Juniper Berry -Lavender-Lemon -Marjoram –Patchouli -Peppermint -Roman Chamomile -Rosemary – Sweet Orange -Tea Tree -Ylang Ylang GCMS Analysis Sample
Basic Chemistry- Chemical families- 10 Chemical Families safety and therapeutics
Methods of Applications- Useful recipes for methods of application
Blending Techniques – Blending Tips- How to select Essential oils For a Blend- Blending By Notes
Blending By Aromatic families- Doctrine of Signatures
Skin – Integumentary System- Skin – Integumentary System Diseases- What is an Adverse effect from using oils? – Essential Oils for Various Skin Conditions.
Limbic System- Essential oils for Stress- Chakras
Respiratory System- Respiratory System Diseases- Essential oils For Respiratory Conditions
Muscular Systems- Muscular System Diseases- Essential oils For Muscular System Diseases- Yoga
What is included in the Program:
- 24/7 unlimited access to our premium online course materials, videos, and interactive lessons.
- Our interactive Certified Aromatherapist level 1 course was created with you in mind – built around your lifestyle, so you can start – take a break and pick it any time you want.
- A solid foundation in the clinical uses of essential oils, through access to numerous videos, assignments, and several blending techniques.
- Access to numerous videos, assignments, and several blending activities, coming away with a solid foundation in the clinical uses of essential oils.
- Coaching sessions with your lead instructor
- 1- 1 carrier consultation session to guide you to the next steps in your career.
How many hours is the course?
This is a 75-hour Self Study online course
you have to finish this course within 1 year from your sign-up date.
- Student must complete a 5-10 page research paper (pertaining to an aromatherapy topic).
- Student must complete a minimum of 10 case studies
- Student must sit for and pass a Level 1 examination offered by the school.
- You will receive a certificate from Ebers School of Aromatherapy a NAHA-approved School Educator.
Graduates will have a $ 100 discount for level 2
Course Kit and supplies:
Packaging: Spray Bottles, Inhalers, Plastic Bottles for lotions, Plastic Bottles for massage oils, 5ml Bottle for diffuser blend, Coffee Bean Tin, Plastic Tubs, Labels and Marker, perfume Strips & Plastic Pipettes.
Carrier oils: Coconut Oil, Almond Oil, Jojoba Oil, Rosehip Seed Oil, Apricot Oil, Olive Oil
Hydrosols: (Rose, Chamomile, Lavender, Neroli)
Herbs: ( Calendula, Yarrow, Chamomile)
Butters: ( Cocoa, Mango, Shea butter ).
Ebers School of Aromatherapy gives students the option to use their own supplies and essential oils covered in the courses.
You can buy the supplies from https://www.ebersconsulting.com/
- Or you can buy your own supply make sure it is pure and natural.
Continuing education hours:
Ebers School of Aromatherapy is a NAHA Approved School Educator and offers aromatherapy courses that exceed the requirements set forth by NAHA for aromatherapy education. Our Aromatherapy Certification online level 1- 75 hours course exceeds the qualifications set by NAHA which qualify you as a “NAHA Certified Level 1 Certified Aromatherapist.” Please visit NAHA for more information. You will earn NAHA 75 CEUs after finishing this course.
Is this course for you?
- Our Aromatherapy certification program is for individuals interested in learning the basic principles of aromatherapy. And looking forward to becoming certified and knowledgeable in the amazing benefits and uses of aromatherapy and how to use essential oils for therapeutic benefits.
- If you are currently working in the health care system or seeking to enhance your career in complementary holistic health care, this course is for you
- Students will learn how to blend essential oils safely for therapeutic uses in this hands-on interactive course. As an entry-level course, no previous aromatherapy training is required
Ebers School of Aromatherapy is an accredited NAHA Approved School Educator and offers aromatherapy courses that exceed the requirements set forth by NAHA Certified Level 1 Certified Aromatherapist requirements.
- You will be able to use essential oils safely and therapeutically
- Gain new knowledge to pursue a new career and path in life
- Learn how Aromatherapy and Essential oils can be very beneficial in helping a lot of conditions with scientific evidence-based researches
- Teach Aromatherapy to your community
- Create beautiful natural products
- Learn business practices and project management techniques to build your business
- Get connected with a large community and network with Aromatherapists, distillers & educators
- Refunds for online courses are available within 24 hours of registration prior to login to the program, once logged in and have access no refunds will be available